Brother had a doctor appointment yesterday for his allergies. The doctor was wanting to go ahead and give him his shots that I was not planning on getting till he was five. When the doctor left the room I thought I should get Brother prepared that when they came back in they would be giving him two shots. So after him being upset and me feeling bad for the short notice I said " If you don't cry maybe dad and you can go to the toy store tonight." He dried those tears right up and was ready for the shots so he could get the toy. The doctor walks in and says " I think you are right lets just wait till his five year check up." Brother was silent. As we walked to the car he started crying and said
" MOM I want the shot, I want to get a shot!"
I said you should be happy you don't have to get one.
"I want one, I want a toy"
Lets just say he cried the whole way home and for another 30 minutes. He kept saying " How long till I can go get my shots because I REALLY want a new toy.
Let just say next time I will be much more careful what I say. Mom has learned her lesson!
No comments:
Post a Comment